Short-term care is for patients who require rehabilitative or skilled medical services after an elective or acute hospital stay, before returning to their home.
Carleton-Willard Village, a Medicare five-star nursing center, was again ranked in the top three percent of Massachusetts nursing homes in patient satisfaction for the most recent survey period. We are an excellent choice for patients recovering from a variety of medical or surgical conditions, including:
- Joint replacement or other orthopedic surgery
- Cardiac surgery (valve replacement, stent placement, bypass surgery)
- CHF (congestive heart failure)
- Emphysema and COPD (chronic obstructive lung disease)
- Heart attack
- Wound care
If you choose the Village for your recovery, you will enjoy an unsurpassed quality of care, including:
- The privacy of your own room (some with shared bathroom)
- A staff-to-patient ratio higher than industry average
- Caregivers who are all our own employees, with very high longevity of service
- Experienced, highly skilled physical, speech, and occupational therapists
- Meals you are sure to like, prepared by the same cooks who serve our independent-living residents
- Staff dietitian to ensure that your food meets your preferences as well as your needs
- The ability to get admitted in advance of your elective surgery, making the transition from hospital to the Village as easy as possible
If you have a hospital stay planned, contact us today to schedule a tour.
I wanted to nominate all of the nurses for an award. It didn’t matter which nurse came into my room – each one took the time to sense just what I needed, whether it was a back rub or a chat. They don’t just dispense great care, but they are also listening, nurturing people.