The Village Clinic is an example of the excellence and innovation you find throughout our community. Ours was the first licensed facility of its kind in Massachusetts, and is still the most comprehensive. Our staffing is impressive, with a fulltime nurse practitioner and clinical staff. Our medical director is board-certified in geriatric medicine. On-site appointments are available in a wide range of specialties, including ophthalmology, podiatry, dermatology, psychiatry, audiology and physical, speech and occupational
therapies. The Clinic provides routine as well as urgent outpatient care with an emphasis on health maintenance and illness prevention that is individualized to your needs. But equally impressive is the ongoing relationship we forge with each of our Residents. We encourage you to come to the clinic whenever you have a health question or concern, whether you are wondering if that stiffness in your knee can go away without surgery or just looking for the latest information on how to prevent the flu. And when you need it, we are just minutes away from some of the best community hospitals and academic medical centers in the country (and the world, for that matter).
What do we offer to keep you healthy and active? Here are just some of the things we do:
- Free lectures and discussions led by community health experts. Recent talks focused on the latest research on macular degeneration, shingles, reducing stress through the power of the mind, preparing for surgery, healing faster, healthy eating for a healthier brain, men's health, osteoporosis, and more.
- Complementary therapies including massage and acupuncture
- Resident participation in the Massachusetts Senior Olympics (and by the way, last year we came home with six gold medals!)
- Monthly To Your Health newsletter with a calendar of health lectures and articles on health and fitness. Check out some previous issues by clicking here.
- On site outpatient
- Walking trails throughout our beautiful woods and meadows
- Gardening opportunities
- Social recreation including croquet, pool and billiards
- And, of course, our stunning Fitness and Aquatics Center